Tuesday 24 September 2013

The A Team

From left: Shaun Barnett, Louise, Chris Maclean and Rob Brown at
Going West Books and Writers Festival 2013
Thanks to Murray Gray, the Director of Going West Festival for bringing us together for the Going Bush session on September 14th. Couldn't have been a better bunch, definitely the A Team!

We are all so passionate about what we do. We shared the stage for 90 minutes the conversation flowed and the audience loved every minute of it. It was so inspiring, the entire weekend was inspirational, as Shaun said, his synapses were firing on all four cylinders, mine too, what brain food, hearing all the other writers speak.

For me personally, meeting Shaun, Chris and Rob has really pulled the whole Frank project into focus. I'm now super charged to get the manuscript completed, and having broadened my network of supporters to include these awesome guys is so exciting, its the best possible outcome I could have hoped for.

Other news:
I'm now officially an associate member of the New Zealand Deer Cullers Inc:

http://www.nzdeercullers.org.nz/


Being the niece of Frank Erceg certainly helps, plus they are very aware of all the work I do relating to Frank and the deer cullers history in NZ. I'm honoured to be accepted into this organisation and looking forward to getting to their next reunion early next year and conducting some on the spot interviews.

This weekend I'm heading down to Whakatane to meet one of New Zealand's foremost representational landscape artists Johnathan White.

http://www.jonathanwhite.co.nz/

Johnathan became close friends with Mike Palmer ex culler and a good mate of Frank's. Mike shared many stories with Johnathan in his later life and I've always regretted not being able to talk with Mike myself, who died before I got into all this. Mike was a very interesting person, he used to carry a gramophone into his blocks and apparently you knew when Mike was around as Beethoven's symphonies sounded through the valleys.

I'm looking forward to meeting Johnathan and will share some of the weekend when I return.

Until then, thanks for stopping by, the billy's on the boil, gotta go...and take care where ever you are.

Louise.






No comments:

Post a Comment